Work during academic year

Started by Dr. Acula
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dr. Acula

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm working in business right now but plan to attend HES in the Fall. I'd like to switch jobs to something that's 9-5 and something related to medicine.

I don't have much science background right now, so it's going to be tough for me to find a job in a lab. Any ideas on where I should look? Thanks.
 
You should probably be posting this in the official HES thread so more of our eyes can see it. Being a full time employee myself while also in HES, I can tell you the biggest challenge will not be finding a job, but rather keeping up with the coursework (if you plan on taking 2 or more classes) and working 9-5 at the same time. It is virtually impossible. There may be 1 or 2 exceptional people who can do this in a class of 300, but it is certainly not the norm.
 
Sorry about that - it's my first day, and I'm oblivious to posting etiquette.

So if say, I were to want a job, where should I be looking? And do most HES students just do school full time?