Work Experience/Dental Experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wannabDMD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi all
i'm rereading all the instructions for AADSAS and I see that it says "do not repeat any activities listed in the previous section". I've been a dental assistant for a few years, I'm sure many of you have had the same experience. Are you listing this only once in your app? If so, are you putting it under dental experience or work experience?

Members don't see this ad.

Wow! I totally wondered the same thing and just came onto SDN to try and find the answer. I'm in the exact same situation. On the one hand, I don't want to repeat my dentistry experience if it's unnecessary, but I don't want it to look like I think it's unimportant and not worth putting into the top 5. The wording is confusing: "List *any* paid work experience...do not list any activities in the previous section."

The only thing I can think of is, if you look closely, it says "section", not "sections", and the previous section is only EC/Volunteer Work, not Dentistry Experiences. Also, it says that if you're still employed, to "estimate future end date". I can't imagine not writing about your current employment as a DA, even if you are repeating a Dentistry Experiences activity section word for word.

I hope someone has the answer, or I will call AADSAS tomorrow morning (AGAIN!). Please help us! :scared: :)

D

Wow! I totally wondered the same thing and just came onto SDN to try and find the answer. I'm in the exact same situation. On the one hand, I don't want to repeat my dentistry experience if it's unnecessary, but I don't want it to look like I think it's unimportant and not worth putting into the top 5. The wording is confusing: "List *any* paid work experience...do not list any activities in the previous section."

The only thing I can think of is, if you look closely, it says "section", not "sections", and the previous section is only EC/Volunteer Work, not Dentistry Experiences. Also, it says that if you're still employed, to "estimate future end date". I can't imagine not writing about your current employment as a DA, even if you are repeating a Dentistry Experiences activity section word for word.

I hope someone has the answer, or I will call AADSAS tomorrow morning (AGAIN!). Please help us! :scared: :)

D

haha it's funny how we have to break down each sentence to find out how to correctly do this thing! i guess it's helping out with our reading comprehension haha:D