Work Experience Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SaturatedTurd

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'll be starting pharmacy school next semester and I was looking forward to getting work experience. Having zero experience in pharmacy and no knowledge on drugs, what should I teach myself before applying to CVS/Walgreens? Should I get my PTCE before applying? (It's not required in NYC as far as I'm concerned). Should I learn a bunch of common drug names and stuff? Sorry, if this seems like a dumb question, I just don't want to look inexperienced in the workplace.

Members don't see this ad.

I would defer your admission before enrolling in pharmacy school so that you can get work experience. You need experience working in a pharmacy before deciding that it is the right profession for you.

Sent from my SM-N910V using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I'll be starting pharmacy school next semester and I was looking forward to getting work experience. Having zero experience in pharmacy and no knowledge on drugs, what should I teach myself before applying to CVS/Walgreens? Should I get my PTCE before applying? (It's not required in NYC as far as I'm concerned). Should I learn a bunch of common drug names and stuff? Sorry, if this seems like a dumb question, I just don't want to look inexperienced in the workplace.

You do not need to teach yourself anything prior to the job. Make sure you apply for a pharmacy INTERN position and not as a technician.