Work Experience Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SaturatedTurd

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, I'll be starting pharmacy school next semester and I was looking forward to getting work experience. Having zero experience in pharmacy and no knowledge on drugs, what should I teach myself before applying to CVS/Walgreens? Should I get my PTCE before applying? (It's not required in NYC as far as I'm concerned). Should I learn a bunch of common drug names and stuff? Sorry, if this seems like a dumb question, I just don't want to look inexperienced in the workplace.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, I'll be starting pharmacy school next semester and I was looking forward to getting work experience. Having zero experience in pharmacy and no knowledge on drugs, what should I teach myself before applying to CVS/Walgreens? Should I get my PTCE before applying? (It's not required in NYC as far as I'm concerned). Should I learn a bunch of common drug names and stuff? Sorry, if this seems like a dumb question, I just don't want to look inexperienced in the workplace.

You do not need to teach yourself anything prior to the job. Make sure you apply for a pharmacy INTERN position and not as a technician.