• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

pupsingh

10+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
okay,

so i have worked 24 hours a week for 3 years while in college, at the Sacramento Bee Newspaper, is that any sort of advantage towards getting into dental school do you think?

btw i got a 20AA, 18TS, and 18 PAT
3.14 gpa 3.05 bcp gpa

and im gonna submit on june 1st
do u think i have a shot at NYU? its my number 1 choice but i am also applying to about 20 more schools

JeanetteYu

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 4, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
okay,

so i have worked 24 hours a week for 3 years while in college, at the Sacramento Bee Newspaper, is that any sort of advantage towards getting into dental school do you think?

btw i got a 20AA, 18TS, and 18 PAT
3.14 gpa 3.05 bcp gpa

and im gonna submit on june 1st
do u think i have a shot at NYU? its my number 1 choice but i am also applying to about 20 more schools

I say you have a shot, but it's kind of a tough call since a lot of well qualified applicants got rejected. Do you have any dental experience? GL! :)

pre-dentalguy

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2006
GA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
The 20 on the DAT is really what will get you accepted. However, it depends on your undergrad degree and what ECs you have.

About the Ads

diane07

10+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Work experience related to dentistry might be helpful. But I don't actually know. A lot of people work full and part time while in college. So that's not anything new . . .

Dental4ever

10+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
i got 2.98 cumulative gpa and 3.04 BCP with 17 RC, 18 QR, 19 Bio, 21 Chem, 27 Ochem, 22 Pat. 20AA/ 21 TS/ 22 PAT. i applied to 8 school and got rejected all. i guess i have to get a master to bring up my gpa and reapply in 2008.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.