Work Experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pupsingh

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
okay,

so i have worked 24 hours a week for 3 years while in college, at the Sacramento Bee Newspaper, is that any sort of advantage towards getting into dental school do you think?

btw i got a 20AA, 18TS, and 18 PAT
3.14 gpa 3.05 bcp gpa

and im gonna submit on june 1st
do u think i have a shot at NYU? its my number 1 choice but i am also applying to about 20 more schools

Members don't see this ad.

okay,

so i have worked 24 hours a week for 3 years while in college, at the Sacramento Bee Newspaper, is that any sort of advantage towards getting into dental school do you think?

btw i got a 20AA, 18TS, and 18 PAT
3.14 gpa 3.05 bcp gpa

and im gonna submit on june 1st
do u think i have a shot at NYU? its my number 1 choice but i am also applying to about 20 more schools

I say you have a shot, but it's kind of a tough call since a lot of well qualified applicants got rejected. Do you have any dental experience? GL! :)

The 20 on the DAT is really what will get you accepted. However, it depends on your undergrad degree and what ECs you have.

Members don't see this ad :)
Work experience related to dentistry might be helpful. But I don't actually know. A lot of people work full and part time while in college. So that's not anything new . . .

i got 2.98 cumulative gpa and 3.04 BCP with 17 RC, 18 QR, 19 Bio, 21 Chem, 27 Ochem, 22 Pat. 20AA/ 21 TS/ 22 PAT. i applied to 8 school and got rejected all. i guess i have to get a master to bring up my gpa and reapply in 2008.