Work Experience

Started by becool5
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

becool5

Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,
I was wondering if I could get some advice...........perhaps I am just freaking out about the application and worrying too much, but when I enter in my professional experience do you think it is best to list a narrative description or write bullet points similar to a resume? I'm hoping my professional experience will be seen as a positive, I am not sure of the best way to represent it. Thanks so much!
 
I talked about my work experience in a narrative form in my personal statement. For the "work experience" section, I left it bullet pointed.

Honestly, I think you should just do it whichever you feel will best represent you. I don't think it will matter.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I talked about my work experience in a narrative form in my personal statement. For the "work experience" section, I left it bullet pointed.

Honestly, I think you should just do it whichever you feel will best represent you. I don't think it will matter.


I entered it like luxian as well.
 
Yep. When I was originally filling out my AMCAS I went into lots of detail (hey, they give you all that space), but I came across a thread here with an ADCOM member's take. Basically, when you're reading thousands of these you don't really want a thorough explanation for everything. If it's important enough, it belongs in the PS or secondary responses.