work experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Livineasi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've been a television producer for the past 10 years and I'm applying to D-school this cycle. In the work experience section - should I fill up all 5 spots with the various shows I've worked on even though they have nothing to do with teeth or science?

Members don't see this ad.

So I've been a television producer for the past 10 years and I'm applying to D-school this cycle. In the work experience section - should I fill up all 5 spots with the various shows I've worked on even though they have nothing to do with teeth or science?

Well television production is the JOB so I dont think I would break it into shows individually, but sure put ur job description down. :)

Have you been promoted in the field? You could break it down that way: assistant to the assistant producer, assistant producer, co-producer, head producer, etc. It would fill it up if that's what you're worried about, but I don't think adcoms will have a problem with you just listing the job you've been doing. Plus, 10 years shows commitment :)

Members don't see this ad :)
You are in great shape as an atypical applicant. It should be looked upon very favorably because you will obviously have much more self knowledge and will contribute more than most to a dental school class.

They would be even more excited if you told them you had scripts for a pilot program on dentistry.