Work Experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Antimony51

Future P1
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a couple of questions about the work experience section on the PharmCAS application.

1. Should I list work experience not related to pharmacy? For example, I worked at Subway for a couple of summers. I was unsure whether or not I should list it.

2. I have a pharmacy job that will start in mid-August. The only other experience I have is volunteering at a clinic in the pharmacy. Should I wait until the end of August to e-submit so that I can list this job?

Members don't see this ad.

Basically you can list/exclude whatever you want on this thing so its up to you. But, if you don't have any other jobs to fill up the spots then I don't see any reason not to put Subway down (not everything needs to be pharm related). As for the upcoming job couldn't you just date it accordingly? For example, can't you just fill out the section now and just date it as starting in August? Thats what I would do if I was trying to submit early.

I have a couple of questions about the work experience section on the PharmCAS application.

1. Should I list work experience not related to pharmacy? For example, I worked at Subway for a couple of summers. I was unsure whether or not I should list it.

2. I have a pharmacy job that will start in mid-August. The only other experience I have is volunteering at a clinic in the pharmacy. Should I wait until the end of August to e-submit so that I can list this job?

1. I would list it. Show that you were doing something in addition to your studies, even if the work experience is trivial.

2. This depends on the strength of your application both with and without that job. You should also take into consideration the timeline of your rolling admission schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you guys put a detailed explanation on your application - like if it were a resume? At the moment mine doesn't really have that...mostly because you are so limited in space. What does everyone else do?

Basically you can list/exclude whatever you want on this thing so its up to you. But, if you don't have any other jobs to fill up the spots then I don't see any reason not to put Subway down (not everything needs to be pharm related). As for the upcoming job couldn't you just date it accordingly? For example, can't you just fill out the section now and just date it as starting in August? Thats what I would do if I was trying to submit early.

If I date the pharmacy job as starting in August, what should I write in the job description section?