Feb 12, 2013
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Hi Everyone,

So I am thinking about quitting my banking job because it really takes time out of my post-bacc classes at Northwestern. I still wanted to work 15hrs a week or so. Since I am pre-dental, I wanted to work in a dentist office while I complete my courses. Do you know how I would go about finding work at a dental office? It's not like it's advertised on job career websites so I don't know...

Thank you!

capitan2011

5+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2012
Status
Dental Student
Try going to different clinics and asking about shadowing/internship opportunities. Anybody would love having an intern to do some work in their dental office.. Once they realize you know what your doing and they do need the extra help...BINGO, you may get a job offer.

This may sound like a pretty unrealistic scenario, but it happened to me less than a year ago!!!

Best of luck!

UltimateHombre

Doc Holliday D.D.S.
7+ Year Member
May 10, 2010
Status
Dental Student
Try going to different clinics and asking about shadowing/internship opportunities. Anybody would love having an intern to do some work in their dental office.. Once they realize you know what your doing and they do need the extra help...BINGO, you may get a job offer.

This may sound like a pretty unrealistic scenario, but it happened to me less than a year ago!!!

Best of luck!
This is probably your best bet.

Or try checking Craigslist, there are a ton of DA jobs on there. Or maybe try a dental chain.

SES0112

7+ Year Member
Mar 29, 2011
Status
Pre-Dental
Craigslist helped me get my foot in the door as a summer seasonal sterilization tech for an oral surgeons office. Then I found a temp agency specific for dental offices and got in to temp for a maternity leave as front desk. I was then hired by that dentists friend full time office trained dental assistant. So its all about networking and working your butt off where you are and it will happen. Good luck!

Longcatislong

7+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2010
Status
Dental Student
It could work. In my state (CA) it seems that you need to be registered dental assistant to get a job...VERY few places want to hire someone who doesn't have at least an x-ray license or some dental assistant schooling.

Apr 13, 2011
Florida
Status
Pre-Dental
It could work. In my state (CA) it seems that you need to be registered dental assistant to get a job...VERY few places want to hire someone who doesn't have at least an x-ray license or some dental assistant schooling.
Agreed about Craigslist. I've looked at this option before myself and literally 9/10 posts want at least 2 years experience with such and such software and such and such licenses. The other one seems like a spam post. :(