Work/volunteer experience on AACOMAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Eysteve228

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time poster here :). So my question is in regards to the work and volunteer experiences section on AACOMAS. If I have a volunteer or work experience that is very similar to or just about the same in terms of duties (for example I volunteered somewhere in 2009 for 3 months and then did the exact same volunteer work in 2010 for 3 months just with different people) do I need write a whole new description or can I say something essentially just referencing the other experience?

Members don't see this ad.

Long time lurker, first time poster here :). So my question is in regards to the work and volunteer experiences section on AACOMAS. If I have a volunteer or work experience that is very similar to or just about the same in terms of duties (for example I volunteered somewhere in 2009 for 3 months and then did the exact same volunteer work in 2010 for 3 months just with different people) do I need write a whole new description or can I say something essentially just referencing the other experience?

If it was at two different locations, I would list both.

Actually now that I look at it again, should I be listing them in the same box and include in the description something that tells them I volunteered one summer and then again the next summer at the same place? Basically the whole "month and year started/ended" thing is what I'm asking about.

Actually now that I look at it again, should I be listing them in the same box and include in the description something that tells them I volunteered one summer and then again the next summer at the same place? Basically the whole "month and year started/ended" thing is what I'm asking about.

Yeah, that's what I'd do. I have the same issue on one of mine... a year gap between volunteering at the same place. I'd just list it 2009-2011 or whatever and then in the description give more detail. That's what I'm going to do.