1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Work/volunteer experience on AACOMAS

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Eysteve228, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Eysteve228

5+ Year Member

Long time lurker, first time poster here :). So my question is in regards to the work and volunteer experiences section on AACOMAS. If I have a volunteer or work experience that is very similar to or just about the same in terms of duties (for example I volunteered somewhere in 2009 for 3 months and then did the exact same volunteer work in 2010 for 3 months just with different people) do I need write a whole new description or can I say something essentially just referencing the other experience?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. FutureDrB

7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    If it was at two different locations, I would list both.

4. Eysteve228

5+ Year Member

Actually now that I look at it again, should I be listing them in the same box and include in the description something that tells them I volunteered one summer and then again the next summer at the same place? Basically the whole "month and year started/ended" thing is what I'm asking about.

5. FutureDrB

7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Yeah, that's what I'd do. I have the same issue on one of mine... a year gap between volunteering at the same place. I'd just list it 2009-2011 or whatever and then in the description give more detail. That's what I'm going to do.