1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Work/volunteer experience on AACOMAS

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Eysteve228, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Eysteve228

5+ Year Member

Long time lurker, first time poster here :). So my question is in regards to the work and volunteer experiences section on AACOMAS. If I have a volunteer or work experience that is very similar to or just about the same in terms of duties (for example I volunteered somewhere in 2009 for 3 months and then did the exact same volunteer work in 2010 for 3 months just with different people) do I need write a whole new description or can I say something essentially just referencing the other experience?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. FutureDrB

7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    If it was at two different locations, I would list both.

4. Eysteve228

5+ Year Member

Actually now that I look at it again, should I be listing them in the same box and include in the description something that tells them I volunteered one summer and then again the next summer at the same place? Basically the whole "month and year started/ended" thing is what I'm asking about.

5. FutureDrB

7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Yeah, that's what I'd do. I have the same issue on one of mine... a year gap between volunteering at the same place. I'd just list it 2009-2011 or whatever and then in the description give more detail. That's what I'm going to do.