working 3-4 days a week

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

icebreakers

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard some people say that in pm&r, you can work just a few days a week.
is this true?

how much money can one make working that little?
what are buisness-minded pm&r docs doing to augment their incomes? Hiring PTs? how feasible is it for a doc to open up their own mini rehab faciltiy with a gym and stuff?

what are other ideas where one could work a few days a week, or even a light 5days a week while still making good money?

please don't tell me to do rads or anesthesiology or something...cause i'm not interested in those fields. i'm really interested in pm&r, but i also want to create a nice lifestyle with really good income

Members don't see this ad.

It sounds like you need to learn a lot more about the field of pm&r before you make your decision. The truth of the matter is the myth about pm&r being "plenty of money and relaxation" is truly just a myth...Do your research...

icebreakers said:
is this true?

what are buisness-minded pm&r docs doing to augment their incomes? Hiring PTs? how feasible is it for a doc to open up their own mini rehab faciltiy with a gym and stuff?

what are other ideas where one could work a few days a week, or even a light 5days a week while still making good money?

please don't tell me to do rads or anesthesiology or something...cause i'm not interested in those fields. i'm really interested in pm&r, but i also want to create a nice lifestyle with really good income

icebreakers said:
is this true?

You can work 3-4 days a week if you have a good referral base that provides you with EMGs and/or epidurals. Howver, the more you work, the more you get paid.

Dr. Ice said:
The truth of the matter is the myth about pm&r being "plenty of money and relaxation" is truly just a myth...

For some.

Reality for others.