Working alone, am I the only one?

Started by clachan3
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

clachan3

Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No, we don't have overlap at my store, and now without a tech at night. It's pretty crappy, right? Everyone is telling me to leave CVS, well except my techs. It's been going on for months, maybe I should just work somewhere else. Or am I just overreacting?
 
No, we don't have overlap at my store, and now without a tech at night. It's pretty crappy, right? Everyone is telling me to leave CVS, well except my techs. It's been going on for months, maybe I should just work somewhere else. Or am I just overreacting?

The question is how many scripts are you doing per week and how many tech hours do you have. Are you alone from 5PM, or 8PM? This is very bad, it's not safe. Even the slowest stores in my district have somebody until at least 8 or 9.....
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No overlap, there are times when my one and only tech calls out, its just down to the RPh for all day (and my tech is about to go on maternity leave, with no replacement tech in sight). Granted, our script count is ~150/day, but it sucks. A lot.

But I think I'm so used to it already, it doesn't phase me anymore.

So nope, you're not the only one.
 
No overlap, there are times when my one and only tech calls out, its just down to the RPh for all day (and my tech is about to go on maternity leave, with no replacement tech in sight). Granted, our script count is ~150/day, but it sucks. A lot.

But I think I'm so used to it already, it doesn't phase me anymore.

So nope, you're not the only one.


150/day? I consider that alot since you are alone. My retail store averages 175 /day and we have two techs in the morning throughout 5pm. Then one tech stays until 9. I personally don't see how it's possible to fill scripts,make/answer calls,answer questions,counsel,and work the register for every little thing(groceries,sudafed products,tax forms,scripts etc). People come up to the counter atleast every 5 min so I don't know how you do 150/day. But if you do, I give you a TON of credit.