Working as a PT outside the state you went to school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PT_Dream'n_17

New Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When considering schools I am curious how much of a difference it makes going to a school in a state where you would eventually want to work/live. Is it easy to move out of state after graduating and acquiring a job in a different state?

Thank you!
 
it was easy for me in 1991. School in Iowa, worked in Kansas/Missouri. I kept my license current from Iowa for a couple years, then let it go.
 
Not hard at all. You can take the NPTE through one state and then immediately apply for a license in another state. I went to school in Florida and immediately moved to Texas. It's not hard to get a license.