Working at Memorial Regional Hospital?

Started by RxBee99
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RxBee99

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello guys!

Does anyone know anything about what its like to work at memorial regional in Hollywood, Fl? workload, hours, any info will help thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wow - salaries just are not keeping up (or going down)

That was actually an increase over a few years prior. I don't know if they slashed starting pay at some point or if they were always on the lower end. South Florida salaries are definitely lower than you would expect from the cost of living. For the same job in Tampa or Orlando you could expect to make more money and have a lower cost of living, affordable housing, etc. You pay a lot of the luxury of being in the Miami area I guess.
 
FL is always a low salary area for pharmacy. Even civil service pays close to the GS scale down there. Then again, it's fairly cheap to live there, and it's a nice place to live. There's historical considerations for low salaries in the Tampa Bay and Miami communities if you know the social situation.
 
At $46/ hour I would expect to at least work from home 100% of the time and have zero patient contact. That's just way too low.
I guess it depends on experience, etc. I made that much 10 years ago in hospital when I was relatively new- and I know salaries have not kept up- but ya - salaries vary drastically based on geography
 
I guess it depends on experience, etc. I made that much 10 years ago in hospital when I was relatively new- and I know salaries have not kept up- but ya - salaries vary drastically based on geography

and Bose wireless headphones. On the ear. I'd take beats, though.