Quantcast

Working at Tumor Registry ok if my undergrad not in science????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theDr.

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
hello,
I was a business major and did my pre-meds as an undergrad. Now that im out of school, the only job I could get is working at the tumor registry of my local hospital. I couldn't find any work in a lab because I dont have an undergradute degree in bio or chem etc. Think this is decent job to keep my in a hospital setting.

How will it look if I get a business type of job?

What are some suggestions. I will be re-applying in the spring and I have no idea how I will improve my application by then.

tori

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think having a business type job should be fine as long as you had good undergrad grades and a decent MCAT. Schools tend to like well rounded people and variety. Besides I have heard that doctors (or premed students) should take some business classes especially if they want to have their own practice, just so they have some idea about insurance, overhead, and basic financial stuff. I think you are way ahead of a lot of us. A lot of people go to medical school after successful careers in the business field.