Working during Podiatry School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ellias321

Temple Podiatry Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Curious on finding out how many people work during their years at podiatry school?

Do you guys actually have time for a job or is all of the time eaten up by class/studying?

Members don't see this ad.

its is possible.....you can't have a job that is time comsuming....you would have to have a job that doesn't have alot of activity...so you can study while at work....

Members don't see this ad :)
Curious on finding out how many people work during their years at podiatry school?

Do you guys actually have time for a job or is all of the time eaten up by class/studying?

It all depends on the student. Most of my friends/colleagues did NOT work during pod school. My prior experience in health care allowed me to work at least 10-20 hours/week in a different healthcare field. On occasion I'd miss a class that I'd mastered or tutored in the past as it was a lot of repetition anyway. If you've already taken or taught the classes offered you may want to consider taking on a job. As long as you maintain grades at 4.0 or close to it, work might offer a welcome break from the hours of study. Librarian work may be a good option if you wish to study while working.

U'll have 2 anatomy labs/week min coming up. They really ease you into the workload but don't be fooled into thinking this is as bad as it gets. Just wait till they throw in cell and tissue.

I'm going to reiterate my opnion that you should stay unemployed outside of a library job IF you want to stay in the top 25% at dmu.

Enjoy. The fun really hasn't even started

Times have changed. We only have 2 labs/week on a few occasions. Granted we'll have to go in twice a week to go over the dissections that other "lab" groups did to your cadaver. Only once a week is it mandatory (attendance).

Times have changed. We only have 2 labs/week on a few occasions. Granted we'll have to go in twice a week to go over the dissections that other "lab" groups did to your cadaver. Only once a week is it mandatory (attendance).

WOW. That doesn't seem possible. How many total labs are there? They ran 4 labs/week, 2 of which we had to go to and the other 2 were the "other group's" that you were responsible for the material.