Working during school (TX schools mainly)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

constantvariabl

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everybody,
I'm a pre-pharm student and just finished all my apps to the TX public schools. Now I've come to a big dilemma, I currently attend UT and work at a hospital pharmacy 24hr/wk and I make pretty decent grades (overall gpa ~ 3.6). I was wondering what kind of sucess in pharmacy school people have had working while attending TTU, UT, and TAMUK. I need to keep about 24 hr/wk to pay bills so not working isn't really an option.

I did some searches and I felt like I would like some specific information from the TX schools. (although I appreciate any input from other schools)
 
Its possible, but hard. Especially when theres a week where you've got 2-3 tests. I wouldn't do it. Maybe liquidate so you don't have bills.