Working Experience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sASU

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone I wanted to see if having experience in a hospital could help you get into pharmacy school as like a substitute for having experience in an actual pharmacy. My GPA is good and I will be taking the PCAT in August, now I just need some work experience. Im having a very hard time getting a job in a pharmacy because my school schedule is always so crappy that I no pharmacies want to tire me for my available hours. Basically, I wanted to know if any of you feel that working in a hospital could be a legit alternative to working in a pharmacy when applying to pharmacy school. Thanks ahead of time.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone I wanted to see if having experience in a hospital could help you get into pharmacy school as like a substitute for having experience in an actual pharmacy. My GPA is good and I will be taking the PCAT in August, now I just need some work experience. Im having a very hard time getting a job in a pharmacy because my school schedule is always so crappy that I no pharmacies want to tire me for my available hours. Basically, I wanted to know if any of you feel that working in a hospital could be a legit alternative to working in a pharmacy when applying to pharmacy school. Thanks ahead of time.

Of course, it's perfectly fine. I did that - lots of hospital and research experience. I would suggest getting a few hours of shadowing experience; just enough to be able to talk about it at your interview.

how about dental assisting with radiology experience? I was a dental assistant for a year before hating it. I interacted with a lot of dentists and patients.

how about dental assisting with radiology experience? I was a dental assistant for a year before hating it. I interacted with a lot of dentists and patients.

Sure, I don't see why not. You can definitely spin your experience to turn it into a valuable experience for you in the interview.