Working for Rite Aid pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rx10

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am a current P4 who will be graduating come this June. I have been offered a position with Rite Aid and wanted to know if there are any current phamracists who can tell me how it is to work for them.

Members don't see this ad.

Ahh...Rite Aid.
"For us, it's personal" Eff off, bastards.

It's like all the chains (CVS, WAG, etc). Get the most they can out of their employees while being on their asses all the time.

That's the chain I spent my hellish year as a pharmacist.

I was a tech/intern for 4 years there. Worked in a nice, well-organized, well-managed store. Loved it. After I graduated, decided to stick it out with them and regretted that decision.

I was floated to all the urban, drug-ridden cities because I was the nice, competent floater that didn't leave messes behind. I was used and abused. Made to work massive overtime. Never offered a permanent store, even after so much loyalty and experience as an intern.

I worked as an Rph in Rite Aid from 8/07 til 11/08 and I went from $50 to $56 in quarterly raises. Pretty sweet. Out of my friends that worked for CVS and WAG, I had the highest pay, so it was good in that sense. Not sure how it is now.

But then again, these were my experiences and my unique situation. Doesn't mean it is like that nationwide.

Oh, and don't forget that the stock is worth crap if that means anything.

Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Every pharmacist I work with doesn't like Rite Aid and retail in general, now even in the "nice" store I used to work. I myself am trying to get out, but no one seems to hire. Plus I applied to a lot of summer-only things that wouldn't let me do a permanent hosp. internship even if someone does contact me out of the places that I applied.

same opinion as lactatedringers..
don't work for rite aid.
I floated around and was abused. never got a permanent store. I was practically on call while they gave shifts to more senior pharmacists since their store closed down.
Common medications are never in stock. e.g. amoxicillin 500 etc. you have to tell patient to come back the next day..

Hey JDub which Rite Aid do you work at? I live in Cayce and I work at a Rite Aid.