Working in a prison setting

Started by unlikeall
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

unlikeall

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if anyone has had the opportunity to work in a prison setting. Compensation is amazing and is ideal for new grads who are trying to pay off their loans. I just wanted to get the scoop of what it is like. Thanks in advance
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I once heard of a PT whose license was restricted by an incredibly specific disciplinary action: for several years he could not work with women or anyone under the age of 18. He found a job at an adult male prison. Go figure...
 
Yes, here in CA, they are looking for PTs all throughout. They pay extremely well. 50-60/hr, which is 104k-124k anually. Amazing. But they request at least 1 yr of experience as a licensed PT.