Working/Intern while in school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cakezyum

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

How many hours did you work/intern a week? I'll be starting pharmacy school this fall and I am planning to intern at CVS and hospital. How many hours are doable per week?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

How many hours did you work/intern a week? I'll be starting pharmacy school this fall and I am planning to intern at CVS and hospital. How many hours are doable per week?

It depends on you. My intern that graduated this year with a 3.9 GPA worked 15-20 hours a week. She got her unicorn residency at the VA in ambulatory care. My intern that will graduates next spring works 30 hours a weeks. It takes great time management and dedication to your craft. If this is your career, school is first, job is second and everything else is third.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi all,

I've been working ~20 hrs/wk, and it is definitely challenging... It depends on your work ethic, and endurance. You do not want to burn out before you've even graduated. Life would be so much easier without working on the side, but you do what you have to do - competition is fierce nowadays and you have to be willing to do what your classmates will not.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all,

Have you started pharmacy school yet? Not everyone handles the classes the same. Some find the courses to be a breeze and usually get by with little to no studying and just work 20+ hours a week while some absolutely struggle and usually can only find time to work 1-2 days during the weekends.

Reactions: 1 user