Working interview pay?

Started by OD2430
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

OD2430

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know what is the average pay for working interview for an optometrist? I tried to find information online but I wasn't able to find much information about it. Thank you!


 
Does anyone know what is the average pay for working interview for an optometrist? I tried to find information online but I wasn't able to find much information about it. Thank you!



I only had one working interview and the only compensation provided to me was lunch. If you are to do a full day working interview, I would say provide lunch or compensate the average fill-in salary.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Here is the mindset I would go with:

A "working interview" should be a time where the hiring doctor is evaluating the new doctor on their patient care, bedside manner with patients and interactions with the staff.

The doctor that is getting interviewed should use this time to evaluate the flow of the practice, the level of care provided and whether or not they want to call this new place home or not.

For a hiring doctor to ask for a "working interview" it means that the hiring doctor thinks enough of the new doctor to spend extra time with them to evaluate whether they are "the one" to invest their time, money and energy into. Therefore, both the interviewer and the interviewee are receiving benefits from this time spent together.

If lunch is provided and there is a chance to get to know each other better on more of a personal level, that is a bonus. I would not be concerned about getting paid for that time as it is time well spent and you should be flattered that they chose you over all the other applicants to further evaluate you for the position.