Working pharm techs = guaranteed internship?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kabtq9s

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
As the title says, I'm already a pharm tech with Walgreens, we are about to have different pharmacy companies come and interview us for internships soon. Do I still have to go through all that even though I was a tech with the company for about a year?

Members don't see this ad.

As the title says, I'm already a pharm tech with Walgreens, we are about to have different pharmacy companies come and interview us for internships soon. Do I still have to go through all that even though I was a tech with the company for about a year?
What? Are you a student?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing in life is guaranteed. Call HR and ask if they can change your position to intern.

This was the case when I was a pharmacy tech. I just emailed the pharmacy supervisor my school acceptance letter and was immediately switched to intern. Now Walgreens interviews for every spot, no matter how long you have been with the company. So yes, more than likely you will have to apply and interview for an intern position.

Walmart technically interviews for every position too (at least the one I worked for). My interview was just a formality. They were planning to eventually give me an intern job when they initially hired me as a technician. If you are talking about a career fair at your school, you probably don’t need to attend that. I would speak with your manager first.

In 2014, CVS transitioned me from tech to intern automatically. I think they've changed it now so it's no longer a guarantee though.