Working While Doing a Formal Post-Bacc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cypher321

Board of Parks & Tourism
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm curious what the general consensus on working full time while doing a formal post-bacc is.

In my case, I'm finishing my last year as a mechanical engineer and will be needing to do both GPA repair along with hitting the pre-reqs. Right now I'm just trying to plan out if I should look for a full on engineer position when I graduate (instead of the intern position I have now) in order to pay off undergrad debts/pay for the post-bacc or stay at a lower, but more flexible rung of the totem pole in order to knock the post-bacc grades outta the park. If it makes a difference, I'm looking at SFSU and CSU East Bay right now.

Let it be known that I did use the search function but wasn't satified with the results so I figured it's worth asking.

Thanks ~

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the same boat as you are. I finished my first year of post-bacc with 4.0 GPA and will be doing my second year in the fall. You probably should dedicate 100% of your time to classes at least for the first semester to get a feel of it and know what it takes to make all A. When I started out my first year, I wasn't going to take any chance screwing up again.