BMW5

10+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2007
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Would it be possible for a Pharmacy Student to get a part time job while studying? Most Pharmacy students that i met say it is possible, but it will effect school. Is this true? If not, how many hours a week can a pharmacy student work? Thanks

10+ Year Member
Oct 3, 2006
Status
Pharmacy Student
Would it be possible for a Pharmacy Student to get a part time job while studying? Most Pharmacy students that i met say it is possible, but it will effect school. Is this true? If not, how many hours a week can a pharmacy student work? Thanks
I'm fairly sure you meant pre-pharm instead of pharmacy student, since working as an intern is part of the pharmacy school curriculum. Yes, you can work while doing your pre-pharm, and it is mainly a personal issue as to what you can handle.

omnione

SDN Pharmoderator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2007
Omaha, NE via Lincoln, NE - Home of college footba
unl.facebook.com
Status
Pharmacy Student
I worked about 15 hours a week during the last two years but it was detrimental to my grades. You just have to understand your limits as some people manage time a lot better.

Just remember that school comes first, then pharmacy related work, then "I need money for a BMW" work comes after.:)

About the Ads

ageldred

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Status
Pharmacy Student
I'm fairly sure you meant pre-pharm instead of pharmacy student, since working as an intern is part of the pharmacy school curriculum.

Not necessarily. We are not required to work as an intern at UF this first year, and I'm not 100% positive but I don't think we're required to in the other years either.

Utterdevotion

Hopeful future pharmacist
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2006
Maryland
Status
Pharmacy Student
My personal suggestion is to not work your first semester, so you can adjust to the coursework. And then slowly pick up hours. Balancing your time, and keeping your responsibility is important. But remember that doing well in school is most important right now!

About the Ads