working with incomeptent pharmacists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Haldol

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering how others deal with pharmacists/coworkers who you feel are incomeptent. I work with a pharmacist who I think has asperger's and I feel that she makes more problems for other pharmacists to fix than what is the norm for most retail pharmacies. My pharmacy manager/PIC is kinda a pu$$y and does not address any of the issues/problems that she causes probably because finding pharmacists are difficult to come by. Personally I would rather work the extra hours and have things run smoothly, but how do you express to your management that it is either her or me??

Members don't see this ad.

Just do your job and go home. Help her to become a better pharmacist in a positive way. If you quit because of her, don't tell the company you quit because of her. Thank them for the opportunity for professional growth but you found other opportunity. Pharmacy is a small world...

Thanks for the advice...but to dwell a little further others have quit b/c of her and management knows this. I put my work in plus a little more and then leave. She has been confronted enough times that any further attempts pretty much falls on deaf ears. She uses her ADD as a scapegoat which I find as BS...especially when her medication profile shows inconsistant filling dates. This is a job I want to keep but dealing with her 33% of the time and fixing 50% of her f***ups takes its toll.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the advice...but to dwell a little further others have quit b/c of her and management knows this. I put my work in plus a little more and then leave. She has been confronted enough times that any further attempts pretty much falls on deaf ears. She uses her ADD as a scapegoat which I find as BS...especially when her medication profile shows inconsistant filling dates. This is a job I want to keep but dealing with her 33% of the time and fixing 50% of her f***ups takes its toll.

Just outlast her. She'll quit.

ADD ****ed me up quite well in situations where I needed to pay attention to things. It's not a scape goat if it's legit. Throw in 60mg of Adderall in me a day and I'm fine though. Perhaps she should try to get that controlled.

I find as BS...especially when her medication profile shows inconsistant filling dates.

Alas this is the reason I will never get prescriptions where I work or for the chain I work for. The Italian Job had it best, "I trust people, just not the devil inside."

You have two choices; 1) suck it up (or move to overnights) or 2) quit and find a new job, since it appears management won't do anything. And frankly from seeing EEOC complaints, they aren't exactly in a winning position, if they fire her she's likely to walk outta there a rich woman.

The inconsistent fill date thing isn't proof positive, either. I only take the stuff when I work and I only work 4 days a week. On my days off, I rather enjoy spacing off and daydreaming about being a pirate ship captain...arrrrghh. A 30 day supply dang near lasts me 2 months.

The inconsistent fill date thing isn't proof positive, either. I only take the stuff when I work and I only work 4 days a week. On my days off, I rather enjoy spacing off and daydreaming about being a pirate ship captain...arrrrghh. A 30 day supply dang near lasts me 2 months.
Aye Aye Matie! :laugh:
My ex-boyfriend was a pirate for Halloween back in the day, and I was his mermaid lady. Fun times... :)

Arrrggghhh.. matey. Seriously I'm wondering if that whole adderrall might be worth it, after having to listen to a 1hr lecture thrice to get the information because I kept spacing off. ;)

yep...I heard she has been interviewing, but somewhere really has to be desparate. She only got hired at our pharmacy because at the time there was only 1 pharmacist working 13+ hours a day. He had no choice. He didn't want to hire her but the store director hired because she had a license and a pulse of 70.

I was just wondering how others deal with pharmacists/coworkers who you feel are incomeptent. I work with a pharmacist who I think has asperger's and I feel that she makes more problems for other pharmacists to fix than what is the norm for most retail pharmacies. My pharmacy manager/PIC is kinda a pu$$y and does not address any of the issues/problems that she causes probably because finding pharmacists are difficult to come by. Personally I would rather work the extra hours and have things run smoothly, but how do you express to your management that it is either her or me??

I get annoyed by pharmacists that are wussy.....calling MD about everything, not being able to do clinical judgement, or getting scared when MD yelled at, or intimidated by two single digit IQ nurse calling for a missing dose...

Tell them directly! Not in front of others...please

Eventually they'll become PDM, then you can get a new co-worker........

Looking at her medication profile is unethical at the very least. Commenting about it is grounds for termination and possible litigation. Mucho cuidado amigo.