Works and activities: types of tutoring

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

midnitetots12

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been asking a lot of works and activities questions, apologies.

I was wondering though, does it make a difference if our teaching/tutoring is private or not vs being supervised/being part of some organization. In terms of how adcoms might think of applicant's teaching skills (even though we're applying to med school yes).

For example private tutoring vs. teaching activities within a university or teaching for a big prep company.

Members don't see this ad.

I've been asking a lot of works and activities questions, apologies.

I was wondering though, does it make a difference if our teaching/tutoring is private or not vs being supervised/being part of some organization. In terms of how adcoms might think of applicant's teaching skills (even though we're applying to med school yes).

For example private tutoring vs. teaching activities within a university or teaching for a big prep company.
It is desirable to have a Contact who can validate the activity or perhaps even provide a solid LOR. It isn't always possible to have an objective person to list with some types to tutoring.