World Cup starts today

Started by 297point1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I j
video.yahoosports.com@69565e0e-0063-3edc-8614-e4acf7aa4a4f_FULL.jpg


Don't get me wrong, I like high scoring games, but prefer they be more of the 3-2 variety.
I hope today's game is more competitive.
I have just been wanting brazil to lose since the start. Haha
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yesterday I was supporting Germany but when the 4th goal took place suddenly my smile was dimmed. I was feeling sorry for Brazil. But i don't feel sorry today. I'm annoyed. I sat to watch a semi-final match. How come a semi-final match's score be 7-1 ??? How come they have come this far????

It was the opposite for me. The more they scored, the wider my smile got. I was hoping for it to be a 10-0 stomp.
 
Thank God the beautiful game is over. I'm certain the 1-0 final was riveting with brilliant kicks. We can go back to forgetting about it for 4 more years.
 
Thank God the beautiful game is over. I'm certain the 1-0 final was riveting with brilliant kicks. We can go back to forgetting about it for 4 more years.
Hell, I got more coming up in a few days...the Union play Wednesday against the Red Bulls (taking a vacation day to see it, a fantastic rivalry.) Then the English leagues start next month where I can watch my beloved Derby County. The Union are in the semis for the US Open Cup, so I got that to look forward to in late August. Then the next thing I know, there is a frindlt against Ireland and I can see the first bits of buildup to 2018. I'm going to Estadio Azteca in 2017 for the WCQ. This is my mission. The pinnacle of fandom, IMO. You go into it knowing you will have urine, feces, and God knows what else thrown on you by the dingus El Tri fans.
 
Hell, I got more coming up in a few days...the Union play Wednesday against the Red Bulls (taking a vacation day to see it, a fantastic rivalry.) Then the English leagues start next month where I can watch my beloved Derby County. The Union are in the semis for the US Open Cup, so I got that to look forward to in late August. Then the next thing I know, there is a frindlt against Ireland and I can see the first bits of buildup to 2018. I'm going to Estadio Azteca in 2017 for the WCQ. This is my mission. The pinnacle of fandom, IMO. You go into it knowing you will have urine, feces, and God knows what else thrown on you by the dingus El Tri fans.

Don't forget US is hosting the Copa América Centenario.
 
**SPOILER ALERT**

The USA men's team isn't going to the 2018 World Cup.
So much blame to go around for this qualification disaster. If we can't even be one of the TOP FOUR teams in the second weakest confederation, I don't think I'll see a Cup championship in my lifetime. It is probably the only (vicarious) sports title that is going to elude me.

I was so looking forward to ducking out of work early next summer to go to the pub and watch the games. Meh. At least the English league team I follow...no, they are still in the second division. F.

When does basketball start?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
**SPOILER ALERT**

The USA men's team isn't going to the 2018 World Cup.
So much blame to go around for this qualification disaster. If we can't even be one of the TOP FOUR teams in the second weakest confederation, I don't think I'll see a Cup championship in my lifetime. It is probably the only (vicarious) sports title that is going to elude me.

I was so looking forward to ducking out of work early next summer to go to the pub and watch the games. Meh. At least the English league team I follow...no, they are still in the second division. F.

When does basketball start?

So long as El Tri qualifies, I'm ok with the result. I've never cared much for Amerika in football myself. I completely agree that considering the investment the US makes, it's a debacle. Oh well, at least they don't face Germany again, which the Bundesliga Jugend team is probably a match for them.

Best arena to watch football in the New World: Estadio Azteca. Irrespective of the batteries and ramen cups being thrown at you, it's a trip.
 
So thankful we didn't make the World Cup. We won't be subjected to this ultra boring sport again. Americans can stop acting like they care about it. Games that aren't over when they are over, senseless scoring rubrics, flopping players, celebrating players running away from their teammates and 0-0 ties. Soccer is not American. It can stay in Europe.
 
So thankful we didn't make the World Cup. We won't be subjected to this ultra boring sport again. Americans can stop acting like they care about it. Games that aren't over when they are over, senseless scoring rubrics, flopping players, celebrating players running away from their teammates and 0-0 ties. Soccer is not American. It can stay in Europe.

So edgy.
 
So thankful we didn't make the World Cup. We won't be subjected to this ultra boring sport again. Americans can stop acting like they care about it. Games that aren't over when they are over, senseless scoring rubrics, flopping players, celebrating players running away from their teammates and 0-0 ties. Soccer is not American. It can stay in Europe.

This is not at all a surprising take from you, as soccer involves shots.
I bet you don't like basketball or hockey either.
 
I think unchained just exudes controversy...soccer (aka football) is the most popular sport world wide. Not sure how you can say corner kicks aren't exciting (where all kinds of **** goes down) or enjoy the strategy of wearing down another team as a means of strategy with "boring" passing triangles. Seems much more violent than american football if that counts as entertainment
 
Soccer is one of the most boring sports I've ever seen. I honestly don't understand how anyone can watch it with enjoyment. It's painful.
 
Soccer is one of the most boring sports I've ever seen. I honestly don't understand how anyone can watch it with enjoyment. It's painful.
I used to feel this way - never played the game - but after college and having some good friends on the team, I have begun to enjoy it - I just hate how one lucky bounce can often decide the game. I would definitely make a few tweaks to it.

Then again, if it is representing our country I would watch checkers.
 
I used to feel this way - never played the game - but after college and having some good friends on the team, I have begun to enjoy it - I just hate how one lucky bounce can often decide the game. I would definitely make a few tweaks to it.

Then again, if it is representing our country I would watch checkers.

I would suggest eSports, except playing them is more fun instead. And unfortunately, the Americans suck at these games too. Watched North America for League of Legends get smashed by a rookie European team yesterday. Although some things haven't changed from when I played Starcraft, the South Koreans utterly dominate the competition.
 
I would suggest eSports, except playing them is more fun instead. And unfortunately, the Americans suck at these games too. Watched North America for League of Legends get smashed by a rookie European team yesterday. Although some things haven't changed from when I played Starcraft, the South Koreans utterly dominate the competition.
I can't get into watching people play videogames - but if you made robot fighting an olympic sport, I am all for it