Worried about Getting into Pharmacy School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmacygal

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I stress a lot and would like your guy's feedback! I am a junior at UMCP (getting a Bachelor's in Neurobiology) and am applying to my dream school at UMD Baltimore Pharmacy school Early Decision in the fall. My profile is as follows: my overall gpa is 3.48 as of right now (have 1 more semester to go before turn in my application), I have pharmacy volunteer experience at NIH, hospital shadowing experience, nonpharmacy work experience and am involved in Eboard in a couple organizations in school. I am passionate about pharmacy and will have great LORS.

I just took the PCAT and got 79 composite but 59 on chemistry and 68 on verbal. All my other scores were in the upper 70s and I got 91 in Quantitative. I realize I have to take the PCAT again to increase my chemistry scores because on my transcript, I have 2 C's, both in OrgoII and Biochemistry. I studied on my own for the PCAT the first time and don't know who/what I should turn to for my 2nd time (which will be in July).

How strong of an applicant do you think I am for a #9 Pharmacy school such as UMD Baltimore? Also, I am applying to Notre Dame College of Maryland and Howard if I don't get in to Baltimore early decision.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys!

I stress a lot and would like your guy's feedback! I am a junior at UMCP (getting a Bachelor's in Neurobiology) and am applying to my dream school at UMD Baltimore Pharmacy school Early Decision in the fall. My profile is as follows: my overall gpa is 3.48 as of right now (have 1 more semester to go before turn in my application), I have pharmacy volunteer experience at NIH, hospital shadowing experience, nonpharmacy work experience and am involved in Eboard in a couple organizations in school. I am passionate about pharmacy and will have great LORS.

I just took the PCAT and got 79 composite but 59 on chemistry and 68 on verbal. All my other scores were in the upper 70s and I got 91 in Quantitative. I realize I have to take the PCAT again to increase my chemistry scores because on my transcript, I have 2 C's, both in OrgoII and Biochemistry. I studied on my own for the PCAT the first time and don't know who/what I should turn to for my 2nd time (which will be in July).

How strong of an applicant do you think I am for a #9 Pharmacy school such as UMD Baltimore? Also, I am applying to Notre Dame College of Maryland and Howard if I don't get in to Baltimore early decision.

PCAT score of 79 is very good. Also your GPS is 33.48, why would you apply to Dame? its only candidate. you should look to apply to accredited schools. NOTHING against Notre dame, I bet it's a good program, but I think your stats should get you into some good accredited schools. I would not fret.

Aw Thanks! But I was only going to apply to schools around where I live because I want to be able to visit home often and take care of my parents since they are older than most parents my age. I also believe Notre Dame is receiving full accreditation after this semester because their first graduating class is 2013.