Worried about GPA for Dental School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fisafisa

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been having a lot of anxiety recently concerning my GPA for dental school. I'm currently a biomedical engineering major and my cGPA is about a 3.2. My science GPA will most likely be lower than that, especially since my engineering courses (which I did relatively bad on) are factored in to it as well. I'm currently a senior and this is my last year as an undergrad, so i'm taking a whole bunch of science courses and hoping to boost up my gpa which will most likely be around a 3.35 when I graduate.

I'm studying for my DATs this summer and taking them in august, so what score would be recommended to compensate for my low GPA? What other activities should I include?? :(((

Members don't see this ad.

Please post your question in the predental forum. They can give you the advice you need.

I've been having a lot of anxiety recently concerning my GPA for dental school. I'm currently a biomedical engineering major and my cGPA is about a 3.2. My science GPA will most likely be lower than that, especially since my engineering courses (which I did relatively bad on) are factored in to it as well. I'm currently a senior and this is my last year as an undergrad, so i'm taking a whole bunch of science courses and hoping to boost up my gpa which will most likely be around a 3.35 when I graduate.

I'm studying for my DATs this summer and taking them in august, so what score would be recommended to compensate for my low GPA? What other activities should I include?? :(((
Wrong forum, but try your best to finish strong these coming semesters. You will need at least a 20 AA and TS so overshadow your below average GPA, BUT a 3.2 isn't absolutely terrible. You will be fine if you kill the DAT

ditto with what Rich said but Id aim for 22+AA, a 3.2 isnt abs terrible but its still on the low side.