Worried about GPA for Dental School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

fisafisa

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been having a lot of anxiety recently concerning my GPA for dental school. I'm currently a biomedical engineering major and my cGPA is about a 3.2. My science GPA will most likely be lower than that, especially since my engineering courses (which I did relatively bad on) are factored in to it as well. I'm currently a senior and this is my last year as an undergrad, so i'm taking a whole bunch of science courses and hoping to boost up my gpa which will most likely be around a 3.35 when I graduate.

I'm studying for my DATs this summer and taking them in august, so what score would be recommended to compensate for my low GPA? What other activities should I include?? 🙁((
 
I've been having a lot of anxiety recently concerning my GPA for dental school. I'm currently a biomedical engineering major and my cGPA is about a 3.2. My science GPA will most likely be lower than that, especially since my engineering courses (which I did relatively bad on) are factored in to it as well. I'm currently a senior and this is my last year as an undergrad, so i'm taking a whole bunch of science courses and hoping to boost up my gpa which will most likely be around a 3.35 when I graduate.

I'm studying for my DATs this summer and taking them in august, so what score would be recommended to compensate for my low GPA? What other activities should I include?? 🙁((
Wrong forum, but try your best to finish strong these coming semesters. You will need at least a 20 AA and TS so overshadow your below average GPA, BUT a 3.2 isn't absolutely terrible. You will be fine if you kill the DAT
 
I've been having a lot of anxiety recently concerning my GPA for dental school. I'm currently a biomedical engineering major and my cGPA is about a 3.2. My science GPA will most likely be lower than that, especially since my engineering courses (which I did relatively bad on) are factored in to it as well. I'm currently a senior and this is my last year as an undergrad, so i'm taking a whole bunch of science courses and hoping to boost up my gpa which will most likely be around a 3.35 when I graduate.

I'm studying for my DATs this summer and taking them in august, so what score would be recommended to compensate for my low GPA? What other activities should I include?? 🙁((
ditto with what Rich said but Id aim for 22+AA, a 3.2 isnt abs terrible but its still on the low side.