Worried about not getting interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pinkleton

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this might be a little premature, but I'm starting to worry about the number/quality of interviews I have gotten. I have only gotten 5 "safety program" interviews thus far, and 4 are community programs. I am a DO applicant that applied to 60 programs (a decent amount are reaches...but mostly not).

Steps 242/248, IM honors along with others, good letters. I figured I would've gotten at least a few decent interviews. I'm worried that maybe my PS is not good or my lack of extracurriculars is holding me back. And of course my DO status :-/ Again, I know it's early but I can't help but stress since I applied to so many programs.

Any input would be greatly appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

If it helps, I only have 2. I'm a DO with 219/225 scores. One university and one community. Just hang in there and it will all work out.

Members don't see this ad :)
5 is a good number at this point for a DO applying to allo programs. If you had 37 rejections at this point (which I know you don't) then I'd suggest worrying. Instead, I suggest drinking.

Reactions: 4 users
I literally almost started this thread myself, so it's good to know that we all aren't alone in our nervousness! I agree with bobow98, best to just relax for now (easier said than done), but helps knowing we're in this together! Good luck, I'm sure it'll turn out great :)

Thanks for the replies everyone. Good to know I'm not alone in being a little uneasy even though we shouldn't be. I guess what was stressing me out most about it is my fiancé has gotten 18 interviews already and I would of course like to end up in the same spot!

Thanks for the replies everyone. Good to know I'm not alone in being a little uneasy even though we shouldn't be. I guess what was stressing me out most about it is my fiancé has gotten 18 interviews already and I would of course like to end up in the same spot!
Wow that's a ton already. Read last year's official interview invite thread to get dates schools sent out interviews last year. Most progs send them out in October.

I just uploaded my last LOR yesterday and was worried why I haven't gotten any interview invites today lol. Clearly unreasonable on my part.

just FYI to all the people stressing out, the interviews don't start coming in until after October 1st when the MSPEs are released and run generally until the 3rd week of October

Don't stress out yet!!! your stats look great

OP here, still worried haha. Haven't gotten any decent interviews yet! Figured my stats were good enough for some mid tier programs