worried about not matching ob-gyn

Started by violin82
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

violin82

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am worried about upcoming nrmp match - mostly because I am scared I won't match into ob-gyn. I need some good advice on what to do if I don't match. All I want to do is ob-gyn and I am not considering any other specialty. I am wondering if I should
a. scramble into pre-lim surgery spot at hospital I am interested in
b. scramble into pre-lim IM spot at hospital I am interested in
c. take year off to do research
d. scramble into FM or IM spot at hospital I am interested in to get more exposure with OB/Gyn faculty and residents even knowing that I will screw them over when I try to match into ob/gyn next year?
I can't seem to find anyone to help me with this. Any advice would be so appreciated!!!
 
I have no advice 🙁 Good luck. How many places did you rank? From reading on here it seems Ob/Gyn fills all spots. I understand if you only got a few interviews that you would be concerned. Hopefully you find out you matched in about two weeks!