worried about secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tigress

queen of the jungle
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there are some posts about this and I'm sure there are other people in my situation. My AMCAS has been processed for a while, and I know people have started receiving secondaries, but I haven't yet. I hadn't been here on sdn for about a week or so, but now that I came and read these secondary threads I'm getting nervous. I guess I wouldn't worry too much, except that people have received Jefferson, and I haven't, even though I'm in-state (in city!), processed for weeks, and near the top of the alphabet.

Anybody want to join the worry-warts club? :p

Members don't see this ad.

tigress said:
I know there are some posts about this and I'm sure there are other people in my situation. My AMCAS has been processed for a while, and I know people have started receiving secondaries, but I haven't yet. I hadn't been here on sdn for about a week or so, but now that I came and read these secondary threads I'm getting nervous. I guess I wouldn't worry too much, except that people have received Jefferson, and I haven't, even though I'm in-state (in city!), processed for weeks, and near the top of the alphabet.

Perhaps you applied to schools that have not started sending out secondaries? Don't worry! It's only been a few days since med schools have been able to access our application. Soon we'll be inundated with secondaries and you'll look back to this down time and wish you had it back! :)

tigress said:

Plus, I don't think people received the Jefferson secondary. They just received an e-mail stating that it would be coming out soon. They don't screen so everyone will get it that applied.

Members don't see this ad :)
tigress said:

It's available online babe
http://www.jefferson.edu/jmc/admissions/appforms.cfm

Msot schools are like this, they have their app avialbalbe online so thats what most people are talking about. You may have seen posts about Yale/JHU/Columbia/Wash U, Texas schools, as well as MCG, UMDNJ, Georgetown, and GW. Also check the thread about pre-secondary screening to get an idea of which schools may take a little longer.

and stop stressing!!

Thanks guys. I'm not stressing. I mean today was just the first time I've logged on to sdn for about a week. I was just surprised to see that people had received an email from Jefferson, since I didn't. But I'm sure it's all cool :)