Worried and need advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Queso

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
A couple years ago I started off as a freshman at Caltech and then transferred to Duke - now I'm hoping to go to UF for dental school. The problem is that they do not accept credit for prerequisites on Pass/Fail. Unfortunately, my first two trimesters at Caltech weren't graded making them not count towards UF prereqs. I'd really like to go to UF and it seems my only option is to retake the first semester of general chemistry at my local state college over the summer.

I don't want to retake genchem only to be rejected by UF so can you guys tell me roughly what my chances are? Stats below.

My GPA will be around 3.4 in mechanical engineering (steady downward trend) with a 24AA/23pat with below average recommendations (dont know my profs) and activities.

Also generally, who should I be getting my recs from and how many do i need?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

A couple years ago I started off as a freshman at Caltech and then transferred to Duke - now I'm hoping to go to UF for dental school. The problem is that they do not accept credit for prerequisites on Pass/Fail. Unfortunately, my first two trimesters at Caltech weren't graded making them not count towards UF prereqs. I'd really like to go to UF and it seems my only option is to retake the first semester of general chemistry at my local state college over the summer.

I don't want to retake genchem only to be rejected by UF so can you guys tell me roughly what my chances are? Stats below.

My GPA will be around 3.4 in mechanical engineering (steady downward trend) with a 24AA/23pat with below average recommendations (dont know my profs) and activities.

Also generally, who should I be getting my recs from and how many do i need?

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure all of your pre-reqs need to be taken for a grade at EVERY dental school, not just UF.

As for your LORs, you can either have a committee letter or 4 individual letters max (most schools require only 3). For me, I chose 2 science professors, a dentist, and my boss. Hope that helps.