Worried Applicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cookie83

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Undergrad Ed: Oakland University
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.53
Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.4

1st DAT: Academic, Science, PAT 18/17/20 (all scores at or above 17)

Applied: Case, SUNY Buffalo, Detroit Mercy, Michigan, Indiana

Additional Info: student-athlete, summer eye research, dental job shadowing experience, musical talent, community service, etc.

I’m looking for any input as to my chances of getting into the following dental schools. So far I have received input from Case which wants me to re-take the DAT and have placed me in “HOLD” status. If anyone actually knows what hold status means please post. Other than that, I’ve received very little feedback from the other 4 schools which may be due to the fact that I’ve just recently taken the DAT (late August). I’ve contacted every school over the phone and some of them seem to be farther behind in the interview stage than other schools around the country. Should I be worried that I haven’t been contacted as of yet by these schools? Any input is much appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

i just saw your numbers-- i didn't even bother to read what you wrote

stop worrying, your numbers are very nice =/
go to europe or play basketball or something

The key is to apply early. I am guessing your app didn't go out until mid to late aug. All those that either have had numerous interviews or are set up to have applied early. Also, don't despair because there are a lot of schools that still haven't really started handing out the bulk of their interviews. go smoke a fatty and just wait, you will get something.

Members don't see this ad :)
keep your head up, if nothing, boost your scores and reapply next year. i had to reapply...be aggressive however and you can get in this year.

case told me that too.. they are looking for applicants with 18s or above on all sections

Do you think I should plan a re-take on the DAT immediately or wait and see what my other schools have to say? Currently I have a full class load and studying for the DAT thoughout the semester will be a major pain in the ass for a Dec. re-take.

my stats are pretty similar to yours. I got two 17s in both chems. I haven't heard anything either :( . I applied early, but didn't take the dat until two months after, so I guess it doesn't count as early. If the 17s thing is true about case then I guess we don't have a chance :confused: . But good side, like the guy said, who wants to go to ohio? :laugh:

Wait! I got an interview from Case and I have one 17 (RC)

MissingPolaris said:
Wait! I got an interview from Case and I have one 17 (RC)

me too, in QR, but really high in everything else. I think they are telling people to have 18's or above because it is a good excuse instead of just saying they have enough candidates already. the key with case is to APPLY EARLY.