Worried.. Dat scores done

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CC86

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

I've been lurking around for awhile, but haven't posted anything much. I just retook the DAT .. first i'll say this site is extremely useful in helping me how to study for DAT..

My scores were
PAT 22
QR 18
RC 19
Biology 22
General chemistry 22
OC 20
TS 21
AA 20

I'm a bit worried because I feel that my gpa isn't very high.. 3.41.. RC isn't very high either.. and since I am a Canadian, I probably need higher grades? Also, I am a reapplicant. I didn't get any interviews for the 2008 cycle, (probably because i applied pretty late december, low dat and gap combined) and am planning to apply again for the coming 2010 cycle. I guess I wouldn't have posted but I keep having nightmares about my DAT scores...:( Haha.. and I am wondering whether my worrying is legitimate.

Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

your GPA is not bad and your DAT is over average. I don't know why you are so worried. How much education gap did you have?

I guess I am lacking in confidence because I got rejected everywhere in the 2008 cycle... with no interviews at all.. OOh and I dont' really have any educational gap.. I finished my bachelor of science, but I am doing another bachelor and at the same time taking more courses to pull up my GPA... I had a 3.33 when I applied last cycle...

Hehe thanks for easing my worries a bit..

Members don't see this ad :)
If you don't mind, could you tell us what was your first DAT score? I think your current DAT score is too good to reject you.

I took the Canadian DAT last time not the American one
My most recent canadian DAT was

Reading Comp 20
Biology 19
Chemistry 18
Science total 19
academic average 19
Perception 17
Carving 12

I believed this scored arrived in december, since I took the november DAT.. I will say though, i definately studied a lot more for the american DAT

I have a friend who has 3.4 GPA, 19DAT and got accepted for 2009 class. You definitely have a chance. Don't sweat :D

congratulation!you have a good chance for next cycle, many schools prefer to see American DAT.

Thanks guy, i need this...

I had a dentist tell me that my scores were really bad from last cycle and that I should consider switching professions!

Thanks guy, i need this...

I had a dentist tell me that my scores were really bad from last cycle and that I should consider switching professions!

That's not true at all. And they fact he would say that is cruel and funny.

Haha.. yeah i completely agree
Embarrassing.. but i was bawling afterwards..
lol.. I think he very angry because I had attempted the DAT previous times.. with minimal improvements..

very solid scores ... i dont think you have anything to be worried about ... good luck!