worried... no love letters or phone calls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

atsai3

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Chipotle and Qdoba are okay, but I really like the Rubio's. They're much better than the local indie taco shop in town. I have an average weight but a pretty good appetite, and I think paper just doesn't really say how special I really am.

Ever since I had one their Fish Taco Especial at lunch last week, I haven't received the personalized communication from them. Only a postcard in the mail stating that they hoped I enjoyed my lunch experience and that they hoped to see me again "very soon". But what does this mean? People on the lunch trail say they discriminate against people who used to eat at the indie shop. My postcard was typed, not handwritten, so I can't tell how much the franchise manager truly liked me. Anyone can has other personalized post-lunch communication, like phone call or letter?

In general, when do u think is best time to send love letters? I'm just not sure about Rubio's vs. Chipotle, since I heard that Chipotle has the much better reputation compared to the Rubio.

My uncle works at McDonald's, u think I should ask him to send them a letter too?

What u guys think? The Match is the suck!

Members don't see this ad.

bump... anyone?

Probably anything more upscale or trendy than Subway will be a stretch for you with your board scores...but prestige is overrated and you'll probably be just as hungry again tomorrow as the guy who had Chipotle.

Members don't see this ad :)
Chipotle and Qdoba are okay, but I really like the Rubio's. They're much better than the local indie taco shop in town. I have an average weight but a pretty good appetite, and I think paper just doesn't really say how special I really am.

Ever since I had one their Fish Taco Especial at lunch last week, I haven't received the personalized communication from them. Only a postcard in the mail stating that they hoped I enjoyed my lunch experience and that they hoped to see me again "very soon". But what does this mean? People on the lunch trail say they discriminate against people who used to eat at the indie shop. My postcard was typed, not handwritten, so I can't tell how much the franchise manager truly liked me. Anyone can has other personalized post-lunch communication, like phone call or letter?

In general, when do u think is best time to send love letters? I'm just not sure about Rubio's vs. Chipotle, since I heard that Chipotle has the much better reputation compared to the Rubio.

My uncle works at McDonald's, u think I should ask him to send them a letter too?

What u guys think? The Match is the suck!

AT -- Please tell us, what do YOU think? You might get more responses if you offered some information of your own regarding the menu choices at the restaurants you mentioned. Also I looked at your previous posts and it seems that you have a record of not responding to other people's restaurant questions.

Well played, Cinnameg, well played...

AT -- Please tell us, what do YOU think? You might get more responses if you offered some information of your own regarding the menu choices at the restaurants you mentioned. Also I looked at your previous posts and it seems that you have a record of not responding to other people's restaurant questions.

haha. spot on. Good luck AT with your choice.

I would definitely be considering backup plans if you aren't getting any love from Rubios or Chipotle. Those are pretty middle of the road establishments but may be "reach restaurants" for you given you are obviously an FMG with poor English skillz.

You might still be able to to get an interview at a lower tier place like Taco Time if you hurry up and submit your app now.

Worst case scenario you'll have to scramble into some ****hole like Taco Bell or do an intership at a burger joint and reapply next year.

Good luck.