Worried prePT student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Zombiestocker

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, I'm an public health undergrad trying to get into PT school, but I have been dealing with the fallout from a serious and long bout of depression coupled with recovering from a recent concussion and assault for a couple terms and my science grades have slipped pretty badly. Because of my financial and living situation, I can only look at one maybe two schools. I live in Portland so I'm looking at Pacific university, but I'm worried I won't be able to bring my science and math GPA to the 3.2 I need to even get into admissions. The only other option would be to transit up to seattle, but I have a kid at home and paying for a mortgage and an apartment would get spendy fast. How badly screwed am I with not being able to look at different schools?
 
Hello, I'm an public health undergrad trying to get into PT school, but I have been dealing with the fallout from a serious and long bout of depression coupled with recovering from a recent concussion and assault for a couple terms and my science grades have slipped pretty badly. Because of my financial and living situation, I can only look at one maybe two schools. I live in Portland so I'm looking at Pacific university, but I'm worried I won't be able to bring my science and math GPA to the 3.2 I need to even get into admissions. The only other option would be to transit up to seattle, but I have a kid at home and paying for a mortgage and an apartment would get spendy fast. How badly screwed am I with not being able to look at different schools?

Hey, you might want to look into George Fox University.
 
Hey, you might want to look into George Fox University.
I looked at them, but they are a non option for me. Not only am I not Christian, I disagree with forcing people to pay for and attend a weekly church ritual to graduate. Add in the fact that I'm not straight and like to have a beer now and than, I don't think I'd be welcome there.