worried sick..plz help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kookie79

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i'm trying to transfer to another program for personal reasons.Interviewed at a program and they offered me a position but the PD said he can give me a formal offer letter with contract only after my PD fills out a form that ACGME requires to be filled from the PD of my current program abt my overall performance n whether i was put on any probation.Long story short my PD told the other program that i was doing well n will met all ACGME req by june.
Now my concern is that i did pediatrics in my primary months instead of IM.One of my pedi evaluation is not good..my program understood b/c the attending is very well known to do this but i'm very worried as to whether my PD will mention that in the form or not.The rest of my evals (incl psych) are good to very good n i was not on any srta probation n i did well on my Prite as well but i'm still very nervous bt it...can someone plz tell me wat the effect of her telling or not telling the other PD would be...i'm very worried..shud i talk to my PD abt it?

Members don't see this ad.

...Long story short my PD told the other program that i was doing well n will met all ACGME req by june.
That's your bottom line.

I'd say the worst that could happen would be that PD-1 would tell PD-2 that there was a concern raised on one of your primary care rotations. The worst response I could imagine coming from that might be a requirement to make up a month of primary care at your new program, but if PD-1 is certifying that you're meeting requirements, that seems most unlikely.