worry about my pact score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tutiey

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took my pact and I did good on the science part, but I bombed the RD and Varbal ability.
my score is 2% for RD and 25% for verbal ability. I got 72 for the composite with 99 percentile for bio and 95 percentile for chemistry and 80 percentile for math. My GPA is 4.0 and I have a pharmacy tech experience, but i didn't do any voluntery activities. Now I'm worrying about my pact scores and thinking retake it again. Can u please guys give me any advice about that?

Members don't see this ad.

you will be fine - not trying to be sarcastic, but some of the school let A LOT WORSE in. Just apply to variety of schools

Reactions: 1 user
Be careful, some schools such as the one I am applying to REQUIRE a 25th percentile or higher in Reading and Verbal subsections of the PCAT. Read through the admissions policies and requirements very carefully and see if your school have any minimum subscore requirements.

you will be fine - not trying to be sarcastic, but some of the school let A LOT WORSE in. Just apply to variety of schools
Be careful, some schools such as the one I am applying to REQUIRE a 25th percentile or higher in Reading and Verbal subsections of the PCAT. Read through the admissions policies and requirements very carefully and see if your school have any minimum subscore requirements.

Members don't see this ad :)

It doesn't matter what one I'm applying to, it matters what one YOU'RE applying to. Read the application requirements, pay attention to details in the PCAT requirements.

I took my pact and I did good on the science part, but I bombed the RD and Varbal ability.
my score is 2% for RD and 25% for verbal ability. I got 72 for the composite with 99 percentile for bio and 95 percentile for chemistry and 80 percentile for math. My GPA is 4.0 and I have a pharmacy tech experience, but i didn't do any voluntery activities. Now I'm worrying about my pact scores and thinking retake it again. Can u please guys give me any advice about that?
@Tutiey
I did horrible on Pcat. Your score looks more decent than mind.
I applied to Roseman university for their early decision program, and I just received an interview.
You might want to consider Roseman.

@Tutiey
I did horrible on Pcat. Your score looks more decent than mind.
I applied to Roseman university for their early decision program, and I just received an interview.
You might want to consider Roseman.
Hi there, if you don't mind me asking, what was your pcat percentile? Roseman is on my list of schools so I'm just curious. Thanks!

Hi there, if you don't mind me asking, what was your pcat percentile? Roseman is on my list of schools so I'm just curious. Thanks!
@RphCat : my Pcat is super low. I felt heart broken when I see my score. I can't remember the detail, but my reading was 2, and my health related topic was 75. the rest was something between 5 -25.
I just went ahead and apply. I can't believe I got an interview.
This tells me that Pcat isn't the only factor. I took my classes with mostly Cs and a few As, but I repeat those with Cs and got As.
Basically, you have to justify that you're willing to learn from your failures. [ I think this helped me getting an invitation.]
I hope this somewhat help on your situation.

@RphCat : my Pcat is super low. I felt heart broken when I see my score. I can't remember the detail, but my reading was 2, and my health related topic was 75. the rest was something between 5 -25.
This tells me that Pcat isn't the only factor. I took my classes with mostly Cs and a few As, but I repeat those with Cs and got As.
Basically, you have to justify that you're willing to learn from your failures. [ I think this helped me getting an invitation.]
I am not trying to be mean by saying this but is English your first language? The reason I ask is that I can tell by your writing you have some grammar issues so the low reading score doesn't surprise me. If English is not your first language a low reading score can be explained and hopefully a TOEFL score could help minimize its negative impact.

Another inspiring story.

What about if you are off by 1 point?

Thank you! I just received Roseman's supplementary application so I am going to get started on that... When is your interview?