Worse..."C" or "W"?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eyecare4eyecare

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have to make a decision, and would like some advice. So, I'm currently on hold, until my grades come in for a couple schools. Meaning, I had the interview already, and they just wanna see how I do this term. However, I just bombed one of my upper-div. Bio classes (non-preq), and am faced with whether to withdraw ("W") or not.

Would it look worse to get a "C," probably the best I can do after that midterm; or get the "W"?

FYI: My GPA is on the lower end already, and it would be my 3rd "W". I'd have 3 classes remaining, that I'm doing pretty good in; only one of which is another upper division bio.

I'd appreciate any suggestion. THANK YOU!

Members don't see this ad.

I say withdraw and ace the crap out of the rest of your classes.

I have to make a decision, and would like some advice. So, I'm currently on hold, until my grades come in for a couple schools. Meaning, I had the interview already, and they just wanna see how I do this term. However, I just bombed one of my upper-div. Bio classes (non-preq), and am faced with whether to withdraw ("W") or not.

Would it look worse to get a "C," probably the best I can do after that midterm; or get the "W"?

FYI: My GPA is on the lower end already, and it would be my 3rd "W". I'd have 3 classes remaining, that I'm doing pretty good in; only one of which is another upper division bio.

I'd appreciate any suggestion. THANK YOU!
maybe u could call the school and ask?