Worst Case Scenario, help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here's my scenario: Got accepted in December, however, I still have 3 pre-requisite classes I need to complete. Taking 6 courses this semester (final semester), and in one of the pre-requisites I'm hovering at a B. The school's website says that a C- or below will not count towards a pre-requisite.

Now, I'm definitely not planning on getting a C- or below, but assuming a worst case scenario and I end up with a C- in that class, send in my final marks in May, will my offer/seat be declined? Hoping someone has gone through this, or has some experience/seen someone go through it.

Thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ask your school!

Reactions: 1 user
Here's my scenario: Got accepted in December, however, I still have 3 pre-requisite classes I need to complete. Taking 6 courses this semester (final semester), and in one of the pre-requisites I'm hovering at a B. The school's website says that a C- or below will not count towards a pre-requisite.

Now, I'm definitely not planning on getting a C- or below, but assuming a worst case scenario and I end up with a C- in that class, send in my final marks in May, will my offer/seat be declined? Hoping someone has gone through this, or has some experience/seen someone go through it.

Thanks a lot!
Usually schools will decline you and offer the spot to someone on their waitlist.

Thanks a lot!

Congrats on your acceptance! I have heard of some one who had his seat removed because he failed to meet one of the conditions. Keep up whatever you've been doing for just these last few months, you're almost there!

You're better off focusing more on that class, even if your other grades slip a bit.
I recommend hitting it hard. Use spring break in a few weeks to really study your tail off. Do NOT risk losing your seat, it's not worth it.

Good luck.

Reactions: 1 users
Just get an A or B and you'll be fine.
If you're really stressed about it: quit your job, sell your mountain bike, dump your girlfriend, etc.
There's no excuse to get a C- if you're already accepted into a dental school. Just make it not an option.

Definitely take your girlfrind out on Valentine's day and dump her right away. Feelsbadman.