worst case scenario question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bruceleehiiiyaa

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
lets say its July 2009 and I have not gotten into Med school and I do not have a job.

What are my options?

1) are there any academic options for me ? (for fall/spring 2009) ?

2) job searching

anything else?

Members don't see this ad.

Take biochem and genetics at night, get a job at a hospital during the day.

If your grades and mcat are ok, those two things should make you a shoe in next year.

Only waitlists left?

depends what your money needs are.. if you don't have restrictions there, plenty more options open up re: vacations, trips to australia, medical volunteer work in Darfur (gotta duck often), etc.

For many of us, it's more of a choice of 1) work or 2) starve. 1 being the preferred option. Provided this is closer to your situation, it may be a thought to hit the job market now, took me around 3 months to land a professional position fairly recently, before everyone knew that the economy was tanked. If you start looking, it'll likely take that long (depending on your criteria); why not start looking now on the assumption that it may be another year before beginning, and then if you're in this year, so much the better?

lets say its July 2009 and I have not gotten into Med school and I do not have a job.

What are my options?

1) are there any academic options for me ? (for fall/spring 2009) ?

2) job searching

anything else?
Bruce...I would recommend a job, your application is already good enough to get accepted. You will be accepted next year and still have a good shot for this year. So if you dont get in, just make some money you really dont need to waste time and finances taking some bogus classes.