worst day ever.. please help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blinktonheim

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed at 4 schools.. all tough schools to get into and was wait listed for all 4..

do a lot of people get in after being wait listed first round???

Members don't see this ad.

hmm which schools?
i have some friends who were wait listed at nyu last cycle and ended up getting in in the spring. But i dont know how common it is. Hopefully youll get in to one of them. stay strong buddy!!

Being waitlisted this early is not a bad thing, and is WAY better then a rejection! As soon as people begin to turn schools down, (around Jan. 15th) seats will open up... and since your likely to be relatively high on the waitlist, the open spot will go to you. The only question to ask is whether the schools prioritize waitlisted people over new (spring) interviewee's?

I interviewed at 4 schools.. all tough schools to get into and was wait listed for all 4..

do a lot of people get in after being wait listed first round???
A good friend of mine got waitlisted at all six schools he interviewed at pre dec last year. He ended up getting in to three of those schools at the end of jan/ beginning of feb. It makes for a lame christmas but a lovely valentines day.