Worst reasons to choose pharmacy as a profession

Started by PharmtoCS
Tags Tags
whypharmacy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PharmtoCS

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You can practice anywhere you like as a pharmacist.

You earn $120k straight out of school.

You get to have doctorate degree and be called Dr.

There is a very wide variety of career opportunities.

I do not know what else I want to do.

I have already completed my prerequisites and do not want to let them go to waste.

I want to help people.

Pharmacy is easier to get into than medicine or dentistry.

I enjoy chemistry.

People will always need drugs.

Provider status will create more jobs and opportunities.
 
For compsci are you recommending a 10K 2 month bootcamp and on the job training to make it out of junior developer, or maybe go for a bachelors in compsci? I'm fine with retail pharmacy for now but looking to plan ahead