Worth a read IMHO.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Yeah, I hear this why it sucks to work at the ICU at times. But whaddya gonna do? Not everyone is educated, not everyone accepts death, not everyone understands what end stage "Insert your incurable disease of choice" really means.

Personally, I feel this is going to be one of the suckier aspects of medicine. Good article.


Josh
 
A good friend of mine who just finished her IM residency is doing a fellowship in end of life medicine at Stanford. I'm so glad that good, brilliant people are addressing this issue. Excellent article - I'm forwarding it to her, and posting it on my work facebook page.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad