Worth it to start applying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmwannab

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an August MCATer. Just got my score: 30 O. GPA is AT LEAST 3.0. I say at least because I did a post-bac program and that's my GPA when my post-bac work is averaged with my undergrad work. With grade replacement taken into consideration it'll probably be a 3.2 or 3.3 or thereabouts. I'm not sure which classes will have the grade replaced yet. So anyways, is it worth it to apply for this application cycle with my stats? Extracurriculars are ok, but nothing terribly special. Several clubs/volunteering, only a few months of research experience. I'm thinking I'll just apply to maybe 2 or 3 DO schools this year and hope for the best. Otherwise I just plan on working full time and developing my ECs a bit more. Anyone know of people in a position similiar to mine who have gotten in when applying this late? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

It's not terribly late. I think a 30 is competitive for admissions and with at least a 3.0 you will be looked at by most schools. Try to get your primary in ASAP, as it will take 4-6 weeks to get proccessed. I don't think classes are full yet and even if they are lots of people will give up acceptances and free up spaces later on. Give it a shot! good luck!:luck:

Your MCAT is very competitive. I say apply now and take a chance..you never know unless you apply.

Good luck:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Apply...quick! hehe just kidding, this isn't late, just make sure to get it in as fast as you can to increase your chances. I've talked to plenty of people who have gotten into schools even as late as april and may
g'luck:luck:

Yes, you will get interviews if the rest of your app is good. That being said, don't wait till February to apply.

try applying to pscom,wsvom,vcom,dcom,lecom, and unecom. good luck!