worth it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

muireinin

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i took a human behavioral biology class which was entirely biology but listed as an anthro course. if i try to enter it on amcas as part of the science gpa (which brings my bcpm from a 3.38 to a 3.41) will they let it slide? if not, will it mess up/delay my app? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Well you want to be careful with any questionable classifications. AMCAS states that any errors can result in delays in the verification process.

that is not true. AMCAS goes by CONTENT, not by department! It DOES NOT matter what the department was, it only matters what the content was! This is why if you read the rules for classifying courses it gives you the more than 50 percent guideline...it was more than 50 percent biology, you are justified in calling it biology. If the title of the course is questionable, you may raise some eyebrows. If a course is offered through the nutrition department, for example, and is called Biochemistry of Nutrition, no one is going to bother you. But if it is called Food Systems or something, they probably will bother you.

that is not true. AMCAS goes by CONTENT, not by department! It DOES NOT matter what the department was, it only matters what the content was! This is why if you read the rules for classifying courses it gives you the more than 50 percent guideline...it was more than 50 percent biology, you are justified in calling it biology. If the title of the course is questionable, you may raise some eyebrows. If a course is offered through the nutrition department, for example, and is called Biochemistry of Nutrition, no one is going to bother you. But if it is called Food Systems or something, they probably will bother you.

Yes I think this is correct