Worth it?

Started by nohika
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nohika

lurker status
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I've taken trig three times. I hated trig. Shapes and I really don't get along. Third time (I withdrew from the first, D second, C third) I finally passed. I'm considering taking it a fourth time (since I'd actually do the work and study for it), but am not sure if it's worth it.

Plus, since I'm hoping to move to a four-year university this fall, would it be worth it to take it anyways if I would have to take a second course to transfer to calculus anyways? I'm at a CC, and we need two courses before we can take calculus. Isn't it only one course at a four-year?

Is there anyone else that's "been there, done that" with either trig or another class? I re-took it several times before deciding I wanted to go in to vetmed, so I'm not sure what to do. 🙁

Thanks very much for your responses!
 
So I've taken trig three times. I hated trig. Shapes and I really don't get along. Third time (I withdrew from the first, D second, C third) I finally passed. I'm considering taking it a fourth time (since I'd actually do the work and study for it), but am not sure if it's worth it.

Plus, since I'm hoping to move to a four-year university this fall, would it be worth it to take it anyways if I would have to take a second course to transfer to calculus anyways? I'm at a CC, and we need two courses before we can take calculus. Isn't it only one course at a four-year?

Is there anyone else that's "been there, done that" with either trig or another class? I re-took it several times before deciding I wanted to go in to vetmed, so I'm not sure what to do. 🙁

Thanks very much for your responses!

Depends on the school. My Uni doesn't have any pre-reqs for calc. I took it my soph. year. Before that, I hadn't taken a math class since my junior year of high school--I avoid math courses like the plague.

Honestly, based on what adcoms have told me about my "trouble spot" they would rather see you take a more advanced course and do well than retake a course you didn't do too well in.
I think three times is more than enough. Go take calc, and wow them in that.
 
Trig an I did not get along. Stupid unit circle. Anyway, at my school, it was a pre-req for calculus, and I got a D+ in it, so I technically should have repeated it before taking calc. I registered for calc anyway, hoping that nobody would check the pre-reqs, and nobody did. Anyway, calc was WAY easier than trig, and I think all semester, there were only one or two problems that even required any trig. I wouldn't worry about it too much if I were you.