Feb 12, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anyone know If DO schools frown on you retaking too many classes? In the beginning of my college career I got 2 B's and 1 C all in the science category. Any ideas on what I should do? I am currently retaking the C

OP
M
Feb 12, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anyone know If DO schools frown on you retaking too many classes? In the beginning of my college career I got 2 B's and 1 C all in the science category. Any ideas on what I should do? I am currently retaking the C

MedPR

Removed
Dec 1, 2011
Status
Pre-Podiatry
I retook 5 (I think) and didn't have a problem.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

kami333

10+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2007
Status
Medical Student
I retook 7, basically all the pre-reqs except for bio 1/2. They were also 5+ years old. I presented it as my "fresh start".

OneTripAcross

Dreaming about the Stream.
7+ Year Member
Mar 31, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Yes, retake them. I had three retakes made all A's and really helped my GPA out. Never heard one thing about it all through my app cycle from any school

darklabel

PGWhy
7+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2012
Status
Resident [Any Field]
No my lowest grade is a C- in physics and im retaking it
Shouldn't have any issues then. Even if you had an F or 2 it wouldn't kill your DO chances thanks to retakes.

Word of caution, I believe you can only put in a maximum of 12(INCORRECT 25) retakes or so.

Last edited:

Lysilegluleu

5+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2012
Nomad
Status
Medical Student
I got a slight look of concern by a few interviewers for not retaking any courses (including a few C's and a ton of B's). Somehow talked my out of disfavor. There's a mechanism for improvement in place and some might worry if you didn't use it.

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
Nope. That's the whole purpose of the grade replacement thing. Basically, it represents showing what you're capable of. Many people are simply not ready for college at age 18.

I retook 5 (I think) and didn't have a problem.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

GopherMD

SDN Gold Donor
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2011
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I wouldn't think so. ADCOMs love seeing applicants improve their application.

Just an FYI, posting the same question in multiple threads, aka "cross-posting", is frowned upon on SDN and is actually a violation of the user agreement (or something like that)

group_theory

EX-TER-MIN-ATE!'
Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Oct 2, 2002
Status
Attending Physician
Moving

Edit: sorry, didn't see the identical post in the pre osteo forum

OP
M
Feb 12, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
I wouldn't think so. ADCOMs love seeing applicants improve their application.

Just an FYI, posting the same question in multiple threads, aka "cross-posting", is frowned upon on SDN and is actually a violation of the user agreement (or something like that)
yeah i meant to post it in pre osteo but it ended up in this one and i dont know how to delete posts yet... muh bad. first post