Worth retaking classes for GPA boost?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medskulorbust

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know If DO schools frown on you retaking too many classes? In the beginning of my college career I got 2 B's and 1 C all in the science category. Any ideas on what I should do? I am currently retaking the C

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know If DO schools frown on you retaking too many classes? In the beginning of my college career I got 2 B's and 1 C all in the science category. Any ideas on what I should do? I am currently retaking the C

I retook 5 (I think) and didn't have a problem.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
I retook 7, basically all the pre-reqs except for bio 1/2. They were also 5+ years old. I presented it as my "fresh start".

Yes, retake them. I had three retakes made all A's and really helped my GPA out. Never heard one thing about it all through my app cycle from any school

I got a slight look of concern by a few interviewers for not retaking any courses (including a few C's and a ton of B's). Somehow talked my out of disfavor. There's a mechanism for improvement in place and some might worry if you didn't use it.

I wouldn't think so. ADCOMs love seeing applicants improve their application.

Just an FYI, posting the same question in multiple threads, aka "cross-posting", is frowned upon on SDN and is actually a violation of the user agreement (or something like that)

I wouldn't think so. ADCOMs love seeing applicants improve their application.

Just an FYI, posting the same question in multiple threads, aka "cross-posting", is frowned upon on SDN and is actually a violation of the user agreement (or something like that)

yeah i meant to post it in pre osteo but it ended up in this one and i dont know how to delete posts yet... muh bad. first post