Feb 12, 2013
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Does anyone know If DO schools frown on you retaking too many classes? In the beginning of my college career I got 2 B's and 1 C all in the science category. Any ideas on what I should do? I am currently retaking the C

Feb 12, 2013
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Does anyone know If DO schools frown on you retaking too many classes? In the beginning of my college career I got 2 B's and 1 C all in the science category. Any ideas on what I should do? I am currently retaking the C

MedPR

Removed
Dec 1, 2011
Status
  1. Pre-Podiatry

I retook 5 (I think) and didn't have a problem.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

About the Ads

kami333

10+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2007
Status
  1. Medical Student
I retook 7, basically all the pre-reqs except for bio 1/2. They were also 5+ years old. I presented it as my "fresh start".

OneTripAcross

Dreaming about the Stream.
10+ Year Member
Mar 31, 2010
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Yes, retake them. I had three retakes made all A's and really helped my GPA out. Never heard one thing about it all through my app cycle from any school

darklabel

PGWhy
7+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2012
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
No my lowest grade is a C- in physics and im retaking it

Shouldn't have any issues then. Even if you had an F or 2 it wouldn't kill your DO chances thanks to retakes.

Word of caution, I believe you can only put in a maximum of 12(INCORRECT 25) retakes or so.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2012
Nomad
Status
  1. Medical Student
  2. Attending Physician
I got a slight look of concern by a few interviewers for not retaking any courses (including a few C's and a ton of B's). Somehow talked my out of disfavor. There's a mechanism for improvement in place and some might worry if you didn't use it.

GopherMD

SDN Gold Donor
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2011
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I wouldn't think so. ADCOMs love seeing applicants improve their application.

Just an FYI, posting the same question in multiple threads, aka "cross-posting", is frowned upon on SDN and is actually a violation of the user agreement (or something like that)

Feb 12, 2013
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
I wouldn't think so. ADCOMs love seeing applicants improve their application.

Just an FYI, posting the same question in multiple threads, aka "cross-posting", is frowned upon on SDN and is actually a violation of the user agreement (or something like that)

yeah i meant to post it in pre osteo but it ended up in this one and i dont know how to delete posts yet... muh bad. first post

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads