Worth updating my schools?- publication

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DickVetPlease

Mizzou 2014
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering whether it was common for people to update their schools during the application process, particularly for things like publications. I'm not first or second author or anything, so I know its not a huge huge deal, but its still something that I contributed data to, and i'm pretty proud of it. Would you all update your schools with this information? If so, how exactly do you go about it?
 
i will be published as first author soon but i'm not updating them. i feel like the point isnt that you are going to be published, but the research you did. I already told them about my research/experiments etc and i think that is more important. i doubt being published will change their mind during decision making, they probably already assume you will be published once that study is written up. But, what do I know?? i havent been accepted and im not part of the ad com lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks everyone. I'm pretty positive i'll get the opportunity to mention it in interviews, since research was a pretty big portion of my application, and definitely mentioned in my personal statement.
 
I disagree with all of the above posters. I was specifically told by 1 school to send them an update in January - but I didn't have as much experience, etc as most applicants when I applied, and had gained a lot more between October and January. It certainly couldn't hurt, especially if you have other updates to include as well.